Wolf Military Classic 223 55-Grain Ammo Review
Kyle with True Shot here to review the Wolf Military Classic 223 55 grain ammunition available at trueshotgunclub.com
Wolf Performance Ammunition is a leader in top quality ammunition at affordable prices. Wolf ammunition is manufactured in factories across Russia and sells ammunition under the Wolf Performance, Polyformance and Military Classic and Wolf Gold brands. They manufacture both steel and brass cased ammunition.
Let’s Start With The Specs:
1. This Wolf Military Classic is steel cased with a lead projectile that has a bimetal jacket. Muzzle velocity of 3,130 feet per second
2. We sell these in cases of 500 rounds and boxes of 20 rounds.
3. While steel ammunition often gets a bad reputation, the rockwell hardness of brass is a 1, these steel cases are 1.1, while most barrels have a hardness of 40-60. There are a lot of misconceptions about steel ammunition, such as it will warp your barrel quicker, it has extraction issues, etc. We tested this 223 through our own AR’s and to our pleasant surprise, had zero issues. Furthermore, we talked to executives at Wolf who confirmed that the myths about steel ammo were exactly that, myths. They said, you may see some extra wear but not until the 15,000+ round count, in which case you would probably be looking to switch out your barrel anyway.
Now let’s talk about what we like about this ammunition:
1. The price on this steel 223 will save you over 20% compared to brass cased ammunition.
2. The performance of this 223 was fantastic, with no failure to fires, no ejection issues and great accuracy we went to the range skeptical of steel cased ammunition and left huge fans of it.
1. While the projectile is lead, the jacket is a bimetal, which means your indoor ranges likely will not allow you to shoot this indoors. But if you’re shooting outdoors this is a great round.
If you’re shooting outdoors, this product is a must! It’s so much cheaper than brass cased ammo that you can spend more time at the range! Plus, Wolf Ammunition has a 100% satisfaction guarantee, meaning, if you are not fully satisfied, Wolf will refund your money on the unused portion of the ammunition, so what have you got to lose? If you have never shot steel, do yourself a favor and purchase some. Like us, you will be pleasantly surprised.
If you’re looking to order this product or any other, please visit our website at trueshotgunclub.com, call us at (888)736-6587 Or, if you prefer, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for joining us on this review of the Wolf Military Classic 223 full metal jacket ammunition, I’m Kyle, reminding you; to keep shooting.